Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Man survives machete attack at Magboro bus stop



A professional driver, Lukman Adegboyega Oosha, had a narrow escape on Friday night when he was attacked by hoodlums suspected to be of Northern extraction, at Magboro, Ogun State .

 

Oosha told MicroSecondNews he was waiting for a bus or okada (commercial motorcycle) at Magboro bus stop between 9 and 10 pm when he saw a group of boys rushing in his direction. 

 

"I didn't suspect any untoward thing as I didn't have anything to do with them. I didn't really paid them much attention.

 

"I just stepped aside and continued to wait for my transport home.

 

"It was a near fatal mistake as I suddenly felt a vicious cut on the back of my head where the neck meets the head and blood gushed out.

 

"As I collapsed, I could see that I was attacked with a matchete. The boys ran along speaking their language.

 

"They didn’t waste time on me, or they thought the blow had finished me. I struggled to my feet and rested against something, brought out my phone, because they didn’t steal anything from me. I managed to call my wife before I lost consciousness and fell by the road side. 

 

"My family found me there and brought me to a hospital where I am currently receiving treatment. I'm lucky to be alive. They aimed at my neck."

 

When asked how he knew they were Fulani, he said from their appearance and the language they were speaking. 

 

Oosha's friend, simply identified as Yusuf, said Oosha was lucky that it was not one of those busy traffic days that impatient drivers drive on the road shoulders. He said a careless driver would have crushed him as he lay unconscious. 

 

He appealed to people who pass through the entire Long Bridge, Warewa, Arepo, Magboro. Mowe and Aseese part of the Lagos Ibadan Express way to be more careful as there seemed to be an upsurge of blood thirsty hoodlums on the prowl especially after dark.

 

He said another friend was macheted on the back on the Long Bridge last week. 

 

"His car broke down and he was walking to the bus stop when a hoodlum suspected to be a renegade herdsman leapt out of the bush. He ran but the 'Bororo' was able to deal him a matchete on the back. He managed to run to the bus stop and was taken to the hospital.

No comments: