Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

Cop mistakenly posts photo of his manhood on Facebook

Sacked: Daemon Johnson

 
A cop who wanted to send the picture of his manhood to his girlfriend but pressed the wrong button on his mobile phone and made it public has been sacked.

Daemon Johnson, 45, a police inspector, is now claiming he was sacked unfairly for that error.
The experienced officer, who has served his force for 25 years, was fired after stunned colleagues spotted the explicit image.
 
He is now considering appealing against his dismissal for gross misconduct.

Mr Johnson, who calls himself a “20th Century copper in a 21st Century force”, said: “It has been so dreadful having this hanging over my head for the past few months.

"I made a mistake on my phone keypad and I have paid for that mistake with my career.

“I have been inundated with messages of support from all over the place, a huge number of them from colleagues.

"But I’ve also had great support from ­­ordinary members of the public living in the areas in which I served.

“Although I understand the Professional Standards panel decision, I consider it to be wholly disproportionate to the matters for which I was held to account.

“I have 25 years of excellent service and put in place a number of innovative community schemes in Northampton that benefit those who may be disadvantaged or at risk of harm.”

 

No comments: